Working life skills for experts and team leaders -online course, 2 cr
Online: Howspace & Teams
The objective of the course is to improve business school students’ working life skills. The students learn to understand different workplace negotiations and interactions as well as their own possibilities to influence these as experts or team leaders. After completing the course, the students are familiar with the key elements of labour law and able to act in professional negotiations and interactions. The students can follow discussions on working life matters. After completing the course, the students can reflect on different career options and their individual career directions. During the course the students will learn, with the help of hands-on case assignments, how to succeed in job search and in employment contract and salary negotiations. The students will acquire practical skills for real working life situations by exercising team leader roles in case assignments, in typical, challenging workplace situations.
The key course contents are:
- How to distinguish oneself on the labour market
- Key points of employment contracts and labour law
- How to negotiate my salary
- How to succeed in working life situations involving changing circumstances or conflict
- Working life flexibilities
- How to act as a team leader in different working life situations
- Online assignments returned in the Howspace workspace
- Participation in Teams sessions on March 22-23, 2022
- Tue 22.3. 8:45 -11:30 & 13:00 - 14:30
- Wed 23.3. 9:00 - 11:00 & 13:00 - 15:30
Teaching methods: Lectures and group discussions via Teams, individual assignments on the Howspace platform.
NB: Teams sessions cannot be substituted. Passing the course requires 100% participation in Teams sessions and group discussions, and approved submission of the online assignments.
Students who pass the course will be awarded Suomen Ekonomit Open Badge digital credential, for adding to LinkedIn profiles, for example.
Literature: Course material will be given in the Howspace workspace as soon as the course starts.
Trainers / The Finnish Business School Graduates:
- Ted Apter/ Advisor, Labour market and social policy
- Tiina-Myöhänen-Astikainen/ Career Coach
- Annika Pohjolainen/ Legal Counsel
The course is open to degree students and if you are not the member of Ekonomit, you can join here ekonomit.fi/en/membership.
Unfortunately the course is not for exchange students.
Find more information about the course here.
No tickets available anymore.
Online: Howspace & Teams